Monday, July 20, 2015

Life Is A Highway At Heart 2 Heart


Welcome to this weeks challenge over at {Heart 2 Heart}


This month is a Life Is series. This week is Life Is A Highway. I have spent my fair share of time on the highway. Going back and forth between Cali and Michigan. And just drove down to Texas and will going back to Michigan in November-ish. So I did a layout. It is weird to do a layout without actual pictures, this is the second one I have done. And both are map related. 


I did struggle a bit because there was no pictures. I knew I wanted to play with my embossing paste on a layout. I came across this {pin} and loved the strip of paper with some spots of embossing paste.



If you have been looking at my blog, I have done this stamp and map B&T before. I cut inside the stamped image so there was no outline. But I needed something to make this pop so I used the Explore to cut out the white image with no stamp outline. 
I used some old product on this project. The map B&T is from a paper pack called Cruisin'. The highway sign and tire treads are from that wotg. The map outline and places we went are from Adventure USA. The states are from Kraft Keyboard Alphabet, but you can make these using Keyboard Alphabet stamp. The bottle cap was the coordinating embellishments for the Cruisin' papers. I started to use the foam tape we carry, but it would have to use about 6 pieces. So I grabbed some foam tape I had that was a lot thicker, but they don't stick very well. I used liquid glass to make sure everything stayed together. 
I made my own stencil using image #M3CF40 from Artbooking. I welded two together to get the size I wanted. If I would have changed the size itself, the circles would have been bigger. This way it kept the small size of the circles.
The embossing paste was homemade. Found the same recipe on numerous pins. Cornstarch and white glue / mod podge and white paint. Works great. I haven't used other embossing paste tho. 

I hope you join us for this challenge. You have all month to play with all the challenges. Stop over at {Heart 2 Heart} to check out the challenges. Remember, you must use some sort of Close To My Heart  product to play. 


Don't forget about this month's special. Spend $25 in stamps and get either the stamp of the month for free, or any of our hostess only stamps for $5. 


To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork, videos or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}.

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

Follow me on {Instagram}

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

If you would to like to recreate any of my projects, you can order the materials at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}.


Recipe :

Stamps -
   E1030  Handwritten Print
   Adventure USA (retired)  
   Cruisin'  (retired)

Paper - 
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock
   X5930  Slate Cardstock
   X7191B  Wanderful
   Cruisin' (retired)

Ink -
   Z2173  Slate Ink Pad
   Z2117  Crystal Blue Ink Pad
   Z2162  Honey Ink Pad
   Z2105  Black Ink Pad

Other -
   Z1921   Metallic Bakers Twine
   Z1906  Artbooking Cricut cartridge 
   Z679  Liquid Glass
   Bottle Cap (retired)
   Kraft Keyboard Alphabet (retired)

2 comments:

  1. This layout is awesome Nikka!!! I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! I Love the thread connecting the states. I have a similar project stuck in my brain to make a frame for some Family that moved away to CO. Seeing your project makes me want to make it happen!

    Fellow H2H DT Member

    ReplyDelete