Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Create Your Card - Create A Pop Of Color Diecut Card


Welcome to this weeks Create Your Card Video. I will be showing you how to make a pop of color diecut card. 

This technique is pretty simple. The color is what makes it pop. It has an embossed look to it. You can use any diecut, but they need to be smaller. You need a few diecuts to make this work. 


 I am using image #M131512 from Artfully Sent. Make sure to ungroup before you use contour.

 To get my text, I used contour to get it as a positive. Just click the card to get the thanks as a positive.

 To decide my sizing and placement, I used the card option under set canvas. I used slice to remove the exclamation point for the rest of the diecuts. I chose to make the colored diecut slightly larger. Duplicate as many as you choose. 



I want to show you a trick I learned on how to slice multiple images all at once. I forgot to weld a word together to slice and was unable to do so. I welded the word together and was able to slice.  So you can use this technique with anything. Select and weld.


 For this card, I wanted to cut off the excess . Insert and rectangle and size to the size of the card. Select your welded image and rectangle and slice.



There you have it. Multiple images being sliced once.


 Since the words are welded together, it will cut as one. So I placed a strip of blue where the image is on the mat. 



I hope you enjoy the video.  Stop by next week for a brand new card and video.


Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

If you would like to check out my other tutorials, visit my {tutorial page}.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork, videos or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}.



I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.

If you would to like to recreate any of my projects, you can order the materials at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}.


Recipe:

Paper - 
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock.
   X5770  Glacier Cardstock
   X254  Cards And Envelopes

Other -
   Z3017  Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge

No comments:

Post a Comment