Monday, April 13, 2015

Sketch Challenge At Heart 2 Heart


Take two. I already finished this post but it did not save. Ugh. I hate when that happens.

I am sorry for anyone who has been following my blog, expecting new projects everyday this month. I got really sick, even had to go to the hospital, so I haven't been able to make it into the craft room. Plus I chose to do that on a whim so I did not have projects already done. Oh Well. I can always try later in the year.



We have a new challenge for you over at {Heart 2 Heart}. This week is a sketch challenge, made by me. (happy claps). 

Now you can follow this sketch exactly, or can use it as a guide. Just as long as we can see that this sketch is what inspired you. 


Sadly to say, I needed a sympathy card this week. My step grandmother passed. And I need a card to send to my parents. As a rule, you want sympathy cards to be simple and elegant. So I chose to do a one layer cards using Black and Smokey Plum as my colors. 
How I followed the sketch was I used the background stamp for my rectangle and my sentiment is where the banners are. 

The flower is from an old retired set. It has a lot of the long, silhouette flowers. I thought of this set immediately when I knew I needed a sympathy card. I needed the background to be more muted than it was, so I took a baby wipe and pounced on the stamp. It is kinda hard to see in the photo, but the flower and the sentiment are in Smokey Plum.


I hope you will join us this week at {Heart 2 Heart}. You have all month to play along with all of the challenges for this month.  You will need to use some Close To My Heart products to play along. 

You can order at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.

I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.


Recipe:

With Sympathy Card

Stamps -
   A1146  Sincere Expressions
   D1544  Distressed Backgrounds
   Retired  Treasured Life

Paper -
   X254 Cards And Envelopes

Ink-
   Z2105  Black Ink Pad
   Z2147  Smokey Plum Ink Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment