Monday, March 2, 2015

Opposites Attract- Heart 2 Heart Challenges


Welcome to this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart Challenges}.



Opposites Attract this week. You can choose opposite colors, seasons, or are your family members complete opposite. We want to see your take on this, however that may be.


I had the idea of using silver and gold immediately when I heard this challenge. I even had this picture be my inspiration over on Pinterest. But making it into a working project was difficult. I knew what I wanted, but couldn't see the final project in my head. I still am not sure how I feel about this card. But it is nice for it to be done and able to work on a new project. I was going to use texture paste, but couldn't get the bold silver and gold look like a wanted. I tried embossing powders, but couldn't get a clean look to it.

So here is the troublesome project.

The hexagons are leftover parts when I made the stencil, #M45C8C. I use presentation covers you can buy at office supply stores for my stencils. They made a thicker, good quality stencil. But they aren't meant to be colored, unlike the acetate you can buy for drafting in arts supply store. So I took a nail file and roughed them up so I could color them. I used our metallic markers. I left some clear ones to use. Liquid glass holds them down. I tried to spread it out as much as possible so it wasn't as visible on the clear ones,but it's as good as it's going to get. I could have tried using my Xyron, if I knew where it was. That might have worked better, but you can't use what you don't have, or can't find. 

Mr, &, and  Mrs are cut from my Explore using our glitter paper using font from Artbooking and Art Philosophy. Believe it or not, but I used the same paper for both. It is silver glitter, and I turned mr and mrs to gold using ShinHan markers in yellow.

I hope you play along with us this week at {Heart 2 Heart}. You must use some sort of Close To My Heart product. So if you need some, go to {nikkageers.ctmh.com}, then come back to play. You have all month to play along. 


To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.


I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.


Recipe:

Mr & Mrs card

paper-
   Cards and Envelopes X254
   Black And Grey Glitter Paper Z1829

Ink-
   Golden Yellow ShinHan Marker Z2452
   Metallic Markers Z1768

Other-
   Liquid Glass Z679
   Artbooking Z1906
   Art Philosophy Z1686
   Presentation Covers (non ctmh)




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your take on this challenge, Nikka! I think your idea turned out great and makes a beautiful, elegant wedding card!

    ReplyDelete