Monday, March 30, 2015

No Fooling Challenge At Heart 2 Heart

wrrereeee
Welcome to this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}.


This weeks challenge is No Fooling, We want you to scrapbook something fun. 



While we still lived in California, we would take the 3 hour drive to the shore for some fun. Yes, three hours. We lived in the desert so making the trip to the ocean was worth the drive. This was the last trip we took before going back home to Michigan in 2013. We went to Santa Monica Pier and walked the board walk and ate at Bubba Gump's. I had mac and cheese with shrimp. Very weird. And I always seem to wear the wrong shoes for these type of things, so we had to search for some flip flops so my feet wouldn't fall off. It was harder than you think to find shoes on this pier.

One of the pattern paper from Wanderful has cities and states on it. I just cut out the part that said California.  The sequins are a sneak peak from the new mini that comes out in April. I think this is the Coral Reef set. I took out some from both this one and Oceanside and forgot which colors went with which. LOL. 

I used image #M42F4D for the mini banners. The text is Always Forever font from Dafont.com and I used my wonderful Explore to cut it. I did use bold to make it thicker. This font is pretty thin. I downloaded a bunch of thinner fonts to try with the writing feature, just haven't done it yet.

There is this really cool site call {wordmark.it} that lets you type in a word and it will show it using all the fonts you have on your computer. Pretty awesome.  The cool thing about this is you can see if the font you want has numbers or symbols. A couple of the fonts I have don't have numbers, so I couldn't do the 66.

The sketch is pattern 9 from Make It From Your Heart Volume 2.


I hope you join us for No Fooling challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}. You will need to use some Close To My Heart product, which you can order at {nikkageers.ctmh.com}.  You have the end of April to play along so come back when you get wonderful Close To My Heart products.


To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.



I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.



Recipe:

Santa Monica Layout

Stamps -
   D1555 All The Details
  
Paper -
   X7191B  Wanderful Paper Pack 
   X5929  Whisper Cardstock
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock
   X5757  Gypsy Cardstock
   X5668  Honey Cardstock
   1292  Crystal Blue Cardstock

Ink -
   Z2105  Black Ink Pad
   Z2117  Crystal Blue Ink Pad

Other -
   Z1686  Art Philosophy Cartridge 
   Z3042   Coral Reef Sequins (Available in April)
   Z2027  Mini Stapler
   9042  Make It From Your Heart Volume 2

1 comment:

  1. Great layout Nikka! This was one of my favorite places when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete