Monday, March 23, 2015

How cute at Heart 2 Heart


Welcome to this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}.


This weeks challenge is How Cute. We want to see your cute creations. 


I was inspired by this pic from {frostedpetticoatblog.com}. I saw the gold unicorn and was inspired to use unicorn dreams, an old hostess only stamp set.  My mom just love unicorns so I had to get this stamp. Not sure if I am going to send her this card. I think the pink is close enough to mauve that she might like it. 


I made this watercolor background different than the others that I have been making. I used reinker to get a bolder color than just using ink pads. I wanted to bring in the green like the inspiration picture but the pink and green paper just didn't look right. I did stamp happy birthday in Sweet Leaf pigment ink and clear embossed it, but it is kinda hard to tell, even in real life. 

The first part of the picture that inspired me was the gold unicorn. I don't have gold glitter embossing powder, so I just did gold. To make such a solid, consistent embossed image, I embossed 3 times. Each time doing another layer of Versamark before I embossed.  The banner is from Artfully Sent, #MFCD58. I used the Cricut to cut out the unicorn. There is no actual cut for that. I scanned the image and had it cut.

I needed a good glue to stick down the embossed images since they get pretty heavy with 3 layers of embossing powder, so I used Liquid Glass. 

I hope you join us for this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}. You do need to use some Close To My Heart products, so place you order at {nikkageers.ctmh.com} and come back to play.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}

Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.


I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.





Recipe:

Unicorn Birthday Card

Stamp -
   D1583 Unicorn Dreams (retired)
   B1419  Joyful Birthday

Paper -
   X254  Card and Envelope 
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock
   Watercolor Paper (non-ctmh)

Ink -
   Z891 Versamark Ink Pad
   Z2500  Sweet Leaf Pigment Pad
   Z2296  Smoothie Reinker

Other -
   Z2088  Clear Embossing Powder
   Z2066  Gold Embossing Powder
   Z3017  Artfully Sent Cartridge 
   Z679  Liquid Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment