Monday, March 16, 2015

Green With Envy - Heart 2 Heart Challenges


Welcome to this weeks challenge at {Heart 2 Heart}.


Tomorrow is Saint Patrick's Day, so this weeks challenge is all about Green. I am on bed rest from my surgery so no drinks for me. Yes, you heard right, a sober Irish. 



So I finally did the Bokeh trend. It is pretty simple. I used dye inks to do the watercolor background.  Used greens and green - blues. Use the all purpose mat or a stamp block to press your pad against to get the ink. Add water to the ink. Using waterpaper, get it all wet and start adding your watercolor. Wait til it dry to do the next part, or use a heat gun if impatient.
Make circle stencils using the presentation covers and image #M458E2. You can use just cardstock, but I want something that will last. Make sure to leave a border around your circles to get clean circles.  I used 5 sizes. 
Pigment ink will look the best for this. Even if you use other colors than white. Using white pigment ink, randomly add circles. The best look is to have the larger circles be lighter and the smaller circles be more opaque. The tiniest circle is actually an eraser dipped in the ink.  Heat once done to set the ink.


I made the background but couldn't figure out how to use it. Then I remembered I had a cake that had the same colors.  This is a Sunday sweets from {cakewrecks.com}. I love the Sunday cakes. They are amazing. But I digress. Love this cake. So I took the flowers to make my card. The Flowers are from Art Philosophy #M3EB66.

I embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder on the watercolor but it did not show at all. So I water colored a strip a White Daisy then embossed. This makes it blend more with the background but doesn't have the pigment ink so the embossing actually shows up.

Join us  at {Heart 2 Heart} for the green challenge this week. You have all month to play along. You will need to use some Close To My Heart product. Place your order at {nikkageers.ctmh.com} and come back to play.

To make sure you don't miss out on any new tutorials, artwork or members only specials, as it is easy to miss posts on Facebook and I don't post to all of them, join my {Facebook group}



Subscribe to my {Youtube Channel} for updates on new Create Your Card videos.



I offer one on one classes for Cricut Design Space. Stop by for more {details}.


Recipe:

Hello Wonderful Card

Stamps -
   B1443  Hello Wonderful

Paper-
   X254  Card and Envelope 
   1385  White Daisy Cardstock 

Ink-
   Z2153  Sweet Leaf Ink Pad
   Z2165  Juniper Ink Pad
   Z2197  Pear Ink Pad
   Z2195  Lagoon Ink Pad
   Z2163  White Daisy Pigment Ink Pad
   Z891  Versamark Ink Pad

Other -
   Z2068  White Embossing Powder
   Z679  Liquid Glass
   Z1686  Art Philosophy Cartridge
   Z2045  All Purpose Mat

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nikka. I must try this technique...maybe next week during spring break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love this technique. Very nice instructions, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I've not tried the Bokeh technique, but now my fingers are itchy!

    ReplyDelete